De Luz Nursery, Inc. has a zero tolerance spam policy.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email to only to those who have requested to receive it, you are following accepted permission-based email guidelines.
What constitutes a Pre-existing business relationship?
The recipient of your email has made a purchase, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
What constitutes consent?
The recipient of your email has been clearly and fully notified of the collection and use of his email address and has consented prior to such collection and use. This is often called informed consent.
Isn't there a law against sending Spam?
The federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1st, 2004 and preempts all state laws. While this new law will not stop spam, it does make most spam illegal and ultimately less attractive to spammers. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
We use Constant Contact for our Email Marketing, Online Surveys and Social Campaigns.
How Constant Contact protects you from receiving spam:
Constant Contact is a permission based email marketing tool that follows the strictest permission based philosophies:
- Verification: Constant Contact automatically sends all of our new contacts an email confirming their interest in receiving emails from us. Additionally, if you changes your interests or unsubscribes, Constant Contact automatically sends an email confirmation.
- Unsubscribe: Every email generated from Constant Contact contains an unsubscribe link which allows our contacts to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates our contact lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to visitors who have unsubscribed.
- Identification: Your email header information is correct because it is pre-set for you by Constant Contact. Your email's "From" address is verified and already accurately identifies you as the sender.
- Contact Information: All of our emails are pre-filled with our contact information including our physical address.
How De Luz Nursery, Inc. protects you from receiving spam:
- We do not use a purchased list of ANY kind.
- We do not send to non-specific addresses such as: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or other general addresses.
- We do not send to distribution lists or mailing lists which send indirectly to a variety of email addresses.
- We do not send mail to anyone who has not explicitly agreed to join your mailing list.
- We do not falsify our originating address or transmission path information.
- We do not use third party email addresses or domain names without their permission?
- Our email's subject line will not contain false or misleading information?
- Every email message, newsletter, and direct mail piece contains a unsubscribe (opt-out) link.
- All of our unsubscribe requests are responded to within 10 days or the request.